Friday, July 22, 2011

Why Wait?

I decided that I wanted a way to document our daily comings and goings, add pictures, and be able to essentially journal about our life.  Mostly because it's crazy.  And fun.  Every time I have a conversation like the following:  Me:  Chase, did you know that you can be anything you want to be when you grow up?  Chase:  Like a zebra?!?  I think, I have GOT to write that down!  I don't want to forget how stinking hilarious these kids are.  And when Jake casually wanders over and identifies the weird cockroachy looking thing we pulled out of the ocean as a "mole crab" (apparently he read about it in a book somewhere) I think, I have GOT to write this down!  I don't want to forget how disconcertingly smart these kids are!  And when Leia screeches at the top of her lungs and throws me a grin, complete with upper lip dimples and a scrunched up nose, I think, I have GOT to write this down.  I don't want to forget how utterly adorable these kids are.  SO, here I am writing things down.  So that I don't forget.  And so that I can share our adventures with family and friends who may find them equally hilarious, smart or cute (okay, not equally -- I realize that's not their job). 

For the longest time I was dragging my feet on getting started, because I am not so computer savvy.  I am artistic and like things to look fantastic but lack the technical know-how to make that happen on this blog.  But, I decided it will just have to be a work in progress, as if I wait any longer, I may start forgetting . . .

4 comments:

  1. WOW, I wish I had your strength and determination! You do amazing things with and for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Crystal. What a beautiful start to your blog. Love it. You are such a natural blogger and I would love to come back to take a little peek at your life. You inspire us in so many ways, wish we could hang out more.. :) until then our blog-worlds could connect :)a little :)
    Take good care, Pauline

    http://thepursuitofstampiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great beginnings... look forward in following you and your lovely family's adventures.

    Love
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't forgot to scrapbook these moments as well!! Something they can have in hand - or digital scrapbook that you can have printed as well. How about scrapbooking AND then posting the pages?! Welcome to my world!! :-) Can't wait to see the wonders of your adorable children...we miss you!

    ReplyDelete