Friday, March 30, 2012

Catching Up #1: Valentine's Day

All right, so someone was joking about my quarterly blog the other day and I decided I had better get my hiney in gear and get caught up so that I'll start blogging again without having a panic attack over how far behind I've gotten!  So, here goes a series of  'catch-up' posts . . .  Tracking back to Valentine's Day, I just have to say that my kids were totally blessed and also got to BE a blessing.  They started out with a ridiculously fun Co-op Valentines Day party at the House of Bounce in Manassas, VA.  For you local readers, that place is the bomb.  Nicest staff ever, comfy couch area for the parents, free soda/coffee for the parents.  Awesome.  So they got to go insane with fifty-some odd of their closest friends, stuff Valentine boxes and eat themselves into a candy coma on the way home.  Not too shabby considering Valentines Day isn't even meant for kids, if we're being honest.






Leia, all dressed up for the party -- can't you just feel the enthusiasm?!?

Valentine box chaos.


Silly guy, having a great time!


The only time he stood still long enough for me to snap a picture!

So after all of that fun had come and gone, we set to the business of Valentine making.  Together with a few friends, we made a ton of Valentines to take to a nursing home in the area.  We were actually able to go right on Valentines Day and attend a little party they were throwing for the seniors.  The kids had a blast handing out cards and then helping to serve food and punch at the party and the residents were just thrilled to have them.  This is the second year that we have done this on Valentines Day and I have every intention of making it an annual tradition -- so good for everyone involved!  We were so busy visiting that I didn't get too many pictures, but this one will give you the idea . . .

Somehow none of my own kids even made it into this shot, but you can see some of the others handing out their cards.

The hit of the party -- the ladies were just thrilled to coo over her and pat her hands and feet.  She's such a patient girl, she just hung out and let everyone goo over her at will.

In summary, if you are looking for something easy and meaningful to do with your kids, swing them by a nursing home -- the residents will be thrilled to meet them!

No comments:

Post a Comment